marți, 17 februarie 2009

Regrets

I read yesterday that the thing about writing (and I would say about a lot of actions we do) isn't to keep in mind the idea, but to keep the state we are in when we first thing about it. (original in "Scrisori catre fiul meu", Gabriel Liiceanu)

I couldn't agree more. There were so many things in life I missed doing, just because I postponed it and I could never again find the mood for it.

Bottom line:
"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."
- Sydney J. Harris

I'm sure there are plenty of you out there who agree with this quote and heard it hundreds of times and so few who really do something about it(don't take it to extreme).

3 comentarii:

diana spunea...

Regret for wasted time is another wasted time.

Unknown spunea...

:)) am râs pe bune

Unknown spunea...

Pentru ca este adevarat!