luni, 19 aprilie 2010

Back to writing letters, going by buses and read by the candle light

The chaos created by the volcano in Ireland is an oportunity, an oportunity related to the title of today's topic and much more than that.

I just love when the routine and certainty are broken.
Now don't suspect me of enjoying all the events that create chaos, only those that show us in a mild manner that we can’t forecast and can't control it all and that there will be no fun if we could. Back to the well known story when I haven't paid the electricity bill for few months and the electricity was cut off for our apartment. I can proudly say that I proved myself that I can still live without it, moreover I enjoyed telling stories in the dark and reading by the candle light. It lasted three days, the last few hours I got angry though.

Flights are cancelled and people need to take the terrestrial transportation. Would we start writing classical letters if the internet was down for longer? I would like to write to my parents:
"My dearest,
I hope this letter finds you well and healthy. How are you? Is dad still upset with me? Did he get to wear the alpaca wool sweater that I had brought to him? Guess not, as it's almost summer. Mom! When are you going to pay me a visit? You should take at least 3 days off plus the weekend. Come on!
About me?! Overall, I am fine. I am working a lot, as usually, not necessarily hard working but rather spending a lot of time at the office. On Saturday I met Gabi and we went for a walk in the park, I also bicycled but not too much.
Bogdan's grandma is here at the hospital and when she's allowed to leave she'll pay us a visit. Hence I spent one night (until 3 am) to clean the house - I know it's stupid, but someone had to do it.
Bogdan might not be able to fly back to Bucharest because of the Volcano in Ireland - I am sure you've seen news about it on TV, that's about the only less positive thing, the rest is fine.
Hear you soon, hopefully tomorrow, when I get to the center to the public phone.
Lots of hugs and take care of you,
Mihaela
"

"The hardest thing in the world is to simplify your life, it's so easy to make it complex..."


You can find this line in this trailer from Tibi.

3 comentarii:

Photography Lady spunea...

Miha, the volcano is in Iceland, which is a volcanic island, not Ireland (who's an island, but not volcanic)...hehhhee

Why is not Bogdan taking a bus/train instead? although soon he can fly...

I ALSO like writing letters. :)

Unknown spunea...

Ignorant me, Iceland of course! Funny enough in English they sound the same to me ... but no excuses - I'm not going to correct it, let everyone see how stupid I am :P.

Because he could only stay few days anyway - so if the trip takes too long, he'd better not come at all.

Unknown spunea...

Partea tare e ca uite-asa ma prind cine imi citeste blogul :). Teoretic, daca lumea o sa vada o sa se aprinda imediat si o sa reactioneze, practic om vedea ce se intample.

THANK YOU, STEF for reading my blog :P